Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Animal Antics


“The moment happened so quickly I had little time to think. I was taking a break from hiking when the reflection of the penguins in the wet sand grabbed my attention. I had only a few seconds before they passed. I put the camera on aperture priority at f/8 and framed the penguins in the zoom lens, panning as they hopped. The ISO was set at 100 and I was worried it wouldn’t be fast enough, but there was no time to change it. So I held on tightly to the camera, wrapped my arm over the lens, and concentrated on ‘being penguin’ as I tracked them in the viewfinder.”

Animal Antics Winner
Nature's Best Photography Windland Smith Rice International Awards
ROCKHOPPER PENGUINS
The Neck, Saunders Island, Falkland Islands
by Laura Crawford Williams
(via)

No comments: